‘Tis the Season!
All Best Home Care would like to wish everyone, especially our clients and caregivers, a joyful holiday season and a happy New Year.
We know the holidays are a busy time for most, but if you find yourself needing something to do the staff at All Best Home Care have made a short list of free or low cost activities you and your family can do this holiday season. These activities are in or around the Louisville, Kentucky area.
Here are some free activities you and your loved ones can experience during the holidays:
- Live Nativity Show at Bardstown Baptist Church from December 16-18th at 6-8 pm
- Winter Wonderland Model Train Exhibit at the Southwest Louisville Public Library from December 17-21st during open hours.
- Watch Christmas candy being made on century-old equipment at Schimpff’s Confectionery Candy Museum Tours in Jeffersonville, Indiana. Open for tours between 10am-2pm Monday-Saturday.
- Christmas Movie Marathon
Here are some low cost activities you and your loved ones can experience during the holidays:
- Lights Under Louisville ($30 per vehicle) at the Louisville Mega Cavern. Drive inside a cavern beneath Louisville that is decorated with lights for 17 miles. Open from November 18 to December 31, Monday-Friday from 6pm-10pm and Saturday and Sunday from 5pm-10pm.
- The Nutcracker on Ice performed by the Louisville Skating Academy ($12-25 per person) on December 17 & 18th at Iceland Sports Complex. See a different take on the classical ballet as
- Christmas at the William Whitley House ($5 per adult, $3 per child). The Whitley House was built in the late 1700s and is decorated for the holidays. Christmas tours are every Saturday and Sunday from December 3 through December 18.
If you don’t want to face the cold weather, here are some activities you can do in the comfort of your own home:
- Create personal Christmas cards then mail them to your family and friends
- Watch Christmas Movies; many channels feature holiday movies and some even play them all day long!
- Listen to Christmas music while baking cookies or while trying a new holiday recipe.
Again, we wish you happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year!